- Average Point Score: 5.5
- English Language GCSE 4.0.
- 5 in this subject at GCSE at higher tier – and a recommendation from your Language teachers required.
- Mrs Elphick
- Miss Hollin
Spanish is currently the third most spoken language in the world and therefore an excellent choice for anyone wanting to continue their study of languages at A Level. From Spain to Central, South and even North America, Spanish is a truly international language, offering a range of opportunities in a whole host of different professions. These include banking, ﬁnance, law, hospitality and tourism, fashion, medicine and engineering. Continue your study of Spanish and you’ll have an edge.
Studying Spanish at A Level will give you every opportunity to:
- Develop the knowledge and skills you acquired at GSCE Level and therefore use Spanish in a wide range of contexts
- Gain a useful insight into another culture and reﬂect on various aspects of contemporary society
- Enhance your employment prospects, facilitate your foreign travel and have the enjoyment of using your linguistic skills around the world.
Languages are universally useful and you can combine Spanish with any subject. Learning a foreign language improves your skills of analysis and interpretation and this can complement all your studies. As more and more companies work closely with businesses in other countries, many kinds of workers will be needed who can communicate in different languages and understand other cultures. No matter what career you choose, if you have learned a second language, you will have a real advantage.
What can I use it for?
You can use your language knowledge in many areas of employment. You can study Spanish at degree level and many university programmes teach languages in conjunction with other subjects. You could even decide to study abroad, in a Spanish speaking country for a summer, a term or maybe for a year. When you study a language, you learn about how to learn a language, so acquiring the next one will be even easier.