- Average Points Score: 4.0
- C in this subject (or similar) at GCSE (if studied)
- Mr Broderick
- Mrs Dunkerley
If you want a career in design, engineering, architecture or just enjoy a challenge; then why not choose a course that will stimulate your creative side, improve your problem solving skills, give you the chance to learn new and exciting skills and allow you to take charge of your own design portfolio?
Product Design (3D Design) is a challenging design based course intended to reﬂect the wide range of activities of a professional designer. It develops a capacity to design and manufacture products based on a variety of design styles, materials and concepts.
The course has been designed to encourage candidates to take a broad view of design and technology, to develop their capacity to design and make products and to appreciate the complex relationships between design, materials, manufacture and marketing.
The aim of Product Design is to:
- Develop innovation and creativity
- Develop an understanding of design inﬂuences between processes and products
- Work independently on design and making tasks
- Apply essential knowledge and understanding and skills of design production and industrial processes
- Recognise social, moral, spiritual and cultural values inherent in design and technology