- Average Point Score: 4.0
- English Language GCSE 4.0.
- 4 in this subject at GCSE (if studied).
- Mr Burns
- Mrs Knight-Percival
- Mr Deane
PE provides a range of learning opportunities:
- Theoretical – anatomy & physiology, skill acquisition, socio-cultural studies, sport psychology, exercise physiology and historical studies – this work is learnt in a variety of ways;
- Visual – use of videos, powerpoints, demonstrations and ICT
- Auditory – pupils presenting to their peers
- Kinaesthetic – practical sessions, two lessons a week. Some theory lessons are also taught practically
Who should choose A level PE?
- those with a genuine interest and ability in practical Physical Education
- those with an eye to a career in leisure (sport science, psychology, coaching, sport development, physiology) teaching, physiotherapy, nursing, management
- those who wish to combine a good A Level with a variety of others – with Science – Biology and Physics, or Humanities – History, Geography, English
- those who can research and follow it up
- those who can openly discuss issues
- those who would like to have practical lessons
- and most of all, those who will enjoy it!
University & Career opportunities:
- Sport Science
- Sport Psychology
- Sport Development
- Exercise Physiology
- and many more
- Sports Administration
- Careers based on combinations with other A Levels