- Average Point Score: 4.0
- English Language GCSE 4.0.
- 4 in the subject at GCSE (if studied)
- Mr Douglas
- Mr Smith
- Mrs Smith
- Mr Hardman
- Mr Banks
The Geography course gives a wide range of skills and knowledge:
- Undertaking research & analysis
- Teamwork on practical projects
- Investigating global issues
- An ability to interpret natural phenomena
Students who choose Geography ﬁnd it goes well with any combination of Arts or Science subjects. This means Geography can either be your specialist subject, or play a supporting role for others. The course can be seen as an end in itself or as an excellent foundation to a degree course.
Advanced Level Geography can take you anywhere on Earth!
It will help you develop a range of skills which are equally useful whether you intend to:
- enter the world of work
- start some form of job training
- continue your studies at university or college
A Geography education helps you to develop knowledge and skills important in business such as problem solving, analytical and teamwork skills.
Graduates in Geography have entered careers in:
- Travel, Tourism and Leisure
- Planning and Local Government Estate Agency and Property
- Personnel work
- Resource and Environmental Management
- Banking, Finance and Marketing
- Information and handling
- Law and many others
Geography will not only take you to many different places around the world, it can also open up far more career opportunities than you could possibly imagine!