Drama plays a huge part in the life of Crompton House and Sixth Form students are an integral part of this.
Each year, the Drama Department run:
- Shakespeare performances at a professional theatre in the Autumn Term, usually the Shaw Playhouse
- An upper school play, where Sixth Formers take lead roles. This is directed by Mrs Hammond, our Head of Drama.
- A lower school play, with Sixth Formers directing, choreographing and leading on all aspects of the production.
- A full school musical in the Spring Term, directed by Mrs Bacon, with Sixth Formers usually filling the leading roles, but also taking leadership roles in the sound, lighting and backstage crew, along with Sixth Form musicians playing in the band.
- A Lower School production in the Summer Term, where Sixth Formers, particularly Year 12 students, may support in behind-the-scenes roles and in the band.
Auditions for the Shakespeare and Musical are open to all Sixth Form students, whether or not they are taking Drama and Theatre A Level, or have been in productions previously. These are advertised by the Drama Department in school and on their Twitter feed, students can contact Mrs Hammond, Head of Drama, for more details.