- Average Point Score: 4.0
- English Language GCSE Grade 4
- Grade 4 in this subject or Drama at GCSE
- Mrs Hammond
- Mrs Bacon
Drama & Theatre is a fantastic opportunity to explore ideas and issues through practical lessons. You will be able to express yourself, work as a team and develop conﬁdence and communication skills.
You will explore and understand how theatre has developed over time, learn about inﬂuential theatre practitioners and apply their techniques, consider the purpose of drama and theatre, develop the role of a director, designer, actor, develop a range of performance skills, techniques and styles.
- Practical exploration of ideas, skills and techniques.
- Regular theatre visits and involvement in practical workshops by professional companies.
- Independent research, preparing presentations and rehearsing and preparing performances.
Drama & Theatre combines really well with any subject that encourages you to explore and question the world in which we live.
Speciﬁc subjects may include: English Literature, Sociology, Psychology, History, Music, Art.
- Theatre (performer, director, set designer, costume designer, lighting designer, sound designer, stage manager)
- Any career that involves working in a team and presenting ideas.